A draft referral is just a referral you haven’t submitted yet. Let’s say you start to enter a referral and you get called away to do something else or you just want some time to think it through before you submit it, you can save that referral as a draft and come back to it later. Draft referrals will not show up in any of your school’s referral counts until you save it as complete or send it to be reviewed. You are the only person who can access your draft referrals while they are still in Draft status. Any referral you leave as a draft longer than 30 days gets automatically deleted.
To save a draft referral:
- Click Add Referral.
- Enter at least the minimum required fields.
- Click Save as Draft.
- Go to Tools and click Referral Management.
- Locate your draft referral to edit and double click anywhere in the row.
- Click the Edit button.
- Update the referral fields you need to update.
- Click Save as Complete to save the referral to SWIS, Send for Review to send the referral to one of your school’s reviewers, or Update Draft to keep the referral as a draft you’ll come back to later.